Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
paulroper

First taste
Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,

I'd like to take the cv components of a curve, and convert these to a point cloud which then shatters some geometry.

It seems that it can be done (see shatter example http://www.soup-dev.com/examples2_3.htm), but I can't find it in the example files, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it myself.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Paul
0
MOAB

Wanting the recipes
Registered:
Posts: 50
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

Take your curveshape and connect it to a rebuildCurve (the numbers of spans in your rebuild curve will give you the total number of shatters seeds). Then to randomize the points positions use a "point" node.

After that you can also define a curve influence on the point distribution (ie curve influence is set to 85%) and then you use a scatter node (for the other 15%) and finally you combine the 2 arrays of points and send that to the shatter node.

I created a quick setup that shows the process. Play with the shatter helper settings (in extra attributes) in order to see.

 
Attached Files
mb SOuP_CurveShatter.mb (90.96 KB, 13 views)

0
paulroper

First taste
Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much! I now see where I was going wrong.


0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: